Fresh Starts

It's been so long since I blogged about sewing. I've been gone so long, the blogosphere has changed dramatically:  We're in the age of the well-sponsored 'influencer.' Some folks I followed have stopped blogging. Podcasts are everything. Colette is moving to all digital. Periscope died. McCall, Simplicity and Burda are now one company. Plus-size bloggers went off on indie pattern companies and now sizing is starting to be more inclusive. Craftsy awesomeness has been replaced by Bluprint. Saddest are the deaths I've learned about in the sewing community: Nancy Zieman, Cynthia Guffey and Linda Faye Lewis. I loved Miss Faye's blog.

My old blog was more about frustration than success. If I was going to try again, I wanted to start from a more positive place. So, welcome to Bespoke Curves! This is my journey through fitting and sewing well-made clothes. I have had nothing short of a breakthrough on the Cashmerette Upton Dress, but more about that in a later post. I will say a second look at Joi Mahon's fitting method has been game-changing.

I have accumulated more than 1200 patterns and a room full of fabric to sew through. Let's go. This is going to be a slow process. I'm determined to get fit right. I'm also blogging solely from mobile devices. So, no. There is no sophisticated social media cadence. 

*Ahem* Sewing machine brands and quality fabric stores, I am not afraid of sponsorships.  I could really use an air-threaded serger, a  coverstitch machine silk organza and killer knits :-) Guess I need some followers first, right? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free is Good

Miraculous Doings